GW Mammovan Mobile Mammography Screenings
The van will be on-site from 9:30am – 3:30pm taking prescheduled appointments. Reservations can be made no more than 1 month prior of screening date. There is a minimum requirement of 15 participants for the screenings to take place and a maximum of 25 per date.
The GW Mammovan is currently scheduled to provide Mammography Screenings on the following dates:
Thursday August 29, 2019 – Building 10, Lot 10H
Thursday November 7, 2019 – Building 10, Lot 10H
Each screening is conducted by a female technologist, and a board certified radiologist specializing in mammography will interpret the images. Appointments should take approximately 20 minutes. Most insurance companies will cover the cost (approx. $350) of the screening. To see if your insurance is accepted or to make an appointment, call 202-741-3252. If there is no answer, please leave a message with your name and phone number. The GW Mammovan staff will call you back and schedule your appointment. Please have your insurance card and doctor’s information available when calling to make an appointment.
Who is Eligible? Any woman IS eligible if she meets the following:
- She is age 40 or older
- She is not pregnant orbreast-feeding
- She does not have breast implants
- She does not have any prior history of breast problems (patients who need a 6 months follow up must get a Diagnostic mammogram not Screening)
- She is not having symptoms such as a lump in either breast or unusual breast pain
- She has a referring physician or doctor of record (Ex. Medical Doctor, OBGYN doctor)
- She has not had a mammogram within the last 12 months
Individuals with disabilities who need Sign Language Interpreters and/or reasonable accommodation to participate in this screening should contact the R&W at 301-496-8746 and/or the Federal Relay 1-800-877-8339 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made at least 10 days in advance of the appointment. For more information about mammography, breast cancer, or other types of cancer call the National Cancer Institute’s Cancer Information Service at 1-800-4-CANCER or see www.nci.nih.gov.