1. Are guests permitted if I am a member of the fitness center?
Workouts are often more productive when exercisers have a partner. We encourage our members to bring family, friends, and co-workers to the fitness center. The one-day fee for all guests and visitors is eight dollars.
2. Does the fitness center have locker rooms and showers?
The fitness facilities on main campus (Building 31 and T-39) and at Rockledge One have locker rooms with showers. Lockers are for day use; however some lockers can be rented for six or twelve months.
3. Does the fitness center provide locks and towel service?
The fitness center does not provide locks or towels. Gym bags are not to be stored in the fitness office or on the fitness room floor. Locks can be purchased from the R&W stores in Building 31 and the 4th floor at Rockledge.
4. Where is the Rockledge fitness center, and will I need a pass or sticker to park there?
The Rockledge fitness center is located at Rockledge One, 6705 Rockledge Drive, Suite 5070. For directions to Rockledge One visit www.nih.gov/about/drivingdirections.htm . Visitor parking is free and located in the rear of the building. No permit is required.
5. I do not work on main campus or at Rockledge, what facilities are available to me?
Some employees who work at Democracy One and Two and Fernwood find the Rockledge fitness center conveniently located. Group exercise programs are available in 6001 Executive Blvd for employees who work on Executive Blvd.
6. Since building 31 locks at 6:00 p.m. how can I gain access to the building to use the fitness center?
Upon completion of your membership application, the fitness team member will need the numbers off the back of your NIH ID. After the request is submitted and your ID is coded, you will receive an email of confirmation. Please note that your ID will only give access to Bldg. 31 C-Wing ONLY.
7. I am being transferred to another location, how do I cancel my membership?
If you are leaving NIH before the expiration of your membership you will need to fill out a cancellation form. You can pick the form up from one of our fitness centers or print it directly off the fitness center website. For automatic debit members, the cancellation form will need to be submitted by the 20th to make the cancellation effective for the following month.
8. How do I provide feedback on my experience, report maintenance problems, or make suggestions for improvement?
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns feel free to contact Sherrell Freeman at email@example.com , or (301) 496-5440 with all facility matters. Your input is valuable to us!
9. What forms of payment are acceptable for purchasing fitness center products or services?
Cash, check or charge (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) are all forms of acceptable payments.
10. Is membership transferrable?
Memberships are interchangeable between facilities on the Main NIH Campus (Bldg 31, B4 Room C18), The Loft (T-39), Rockledge (Rockledge One, Room 5070) and Bayview Research Center (Room 3 C011).
11. Can I put my membership on hold?
Yes for medical issues and extended leave. You will need to submit documentation for the request for hold and requested time period to Sherrell Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org . For any additional questions contact (301) 496-5440.
12. Is the fitness center open during federal Holidays and inclement weather?
The R&W Fitness Centers are closed for all federal holidays. During inclement weather R&W NIH Fitness Centers will follow the federal government policy.
Example: If the federal government is closed then the facilities are closed and all classes are cancelled. If the federal government has a delayed opening then the facilities will open late in accordance with the number or hours of the delay.
As soon as the status is determined, it will also be posted on OPM’s web site at www.opm.gov and a recorded message will be provided by OPM’s Office of Communications on (202) 606-1900.
13. Is the fitness center open on weekends?
The Main Campus Fitness Center in Bldg.31 is open on Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. The Fitness Center at Rockledge is closed on weekends.